Thursday, May 24, 2012

From the backseat...........

"... the Lord will watch over your 
coming and going
    both now and forevermore." 
Psalm 121:8
So here it is, almost time to head out on our great adventure, and I've got some anxiety about the unknown. But this verse popped into my head - actually the Lord popped it into my head last Sunday morning. 
In a way, we're kinda heading out into our own wilderness - of course it's a wilderness with gas stations, restaurants, and motels - but different from what we're accustomed to. 
Wade has spent hours and days and weeks pouring over maps, visitors guides, and motel websites. He's created the perfect spreadsheet to chart our every move. But you know what? God is watching over it all and it's perfect! I can relax and be assured that things will be taken care of no matter what. Even a wrong turn can become a new adventure or opportunity. I'm so looking forward to every available opportunity. 
So what will I be able to pack in a space of about 2 shoeboxes that will see me through the next 4-5 weeks? What's important to me? 
I'll have a few pair of jeans, long and short sleeve t-shirts (I can't sit in the sun without burning), one 'church' outfit (we'll be attending church with relatives in three states: Oklahoma, Idaho, and Minnesota), dressier sandals (I'll be wearing boots on the motorcycle),  swim suit (to cool off in the evening by whatever pool we can find), and some very necessary essentials: laptop, make-up, curling iron, blow dryer, my kindle with oh-so-many books, and my mini-size Bible (a perfect size for my space limitations) along with some study guides. Plus I need to make room for the gazillion pills and meds I take every day (but I'm not complaining because they keep me healthy.) 
No room for snacks really, so we are at the mercy of local grocery stores if I get a craving. I've heard comments about how much Wade blogs about and photographs his meals and food, well, I am a die-hard Weight Watcher, and this 'adventure' is going to test how well I can 'stay on program' for the whole time. 
I've been asked lots of different and tough questions about this trip, but for some I just don't have an answer yet. This is new territory for me. Sure, I've been across the country dozens of times, but never sitting on the back of a motorcycle. Did you know that motorcycle riders wave to each other as they pass on the roads?? It's like a family reunion when two or more are stopped at a rest area or gas station, sharing where they've been and what they've seen. I can't wait and I'm looking forward to sharing with you here too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment